This is an open, community site for the Village Collaborative, a network for collaboration on Village Model for homelessness and affordable housing. Anyone can create or edit pages on projects and topics relevant to our community -- you just need to create an account and confirm email address.
Most recent articles
AfroVillage PDX Project page started
24 April 2020: added proposed logo 16 April 2020: CONFIRMED custom domain setup (wiki.villagecollaborative.net) and SSL certificate. -tm 8 April, 2020: site set up by Miraheze.org for Tim McCormick, Village Collaborative. -tm.
Village Collaborative was started in 2014 by Andrew Heben, founder of SquareOne Villages, non-profit in Eugene, Oregon, USA. It included:
- the Web site, VillageCollaborative.net, with material from Andew's 2014 book Tent City Urbanism;
- Facebook group, the main community area today: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheVillageCollaborative (please join us!)
- Network Map of village / camp projects anywhere we know about or members enter when joining group.
- install favicon file (icon that appears in tabs, etc)
- select and port/copy relevant pages from HousingWiki.
- [ask/test Miraheze account privileges sharing b/t HW, VC wiki]
- styles: see if line spacing can be changed to allow soft breaks (i.e., no extra line spacing for shift-enter)
- styles: check on how to enable tabs
- UI: edit left column items. [suggested items: Main page; About; Create Page; Upload File; Index / Site Map; Special Pages (in Admin)
- UI: top right options: remove Dark mode, Beta, Watchlist, Contributions
- UI: can Save Changes confirmation dialog box be simplified / removed?
- choose logo
- edit logo to put full name in
- install logo